PACM welcomes as members, organizations, groups and government departments that support our mission. PACM is a coalition that collectively supports increased physical activity among Manitobans and looks to its members for leadership, direction and on-the-ground connections.
By uniting professionals, practitioners and volunteers and sharing our vision, commitment and resources, PACM will continue to build support for active, healthy Manitobans of all ages and abilities.
JOIN PACM TODAY and be a key player in a Community of Champions for Physical Activity in Manitoba. The Community of Champions can be viewed here.
Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger and diverse group with a common interest in promoting increased physical activity for all Manitobans.
2. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that physical activity voices are being heard. PACM provides opportunities to provide input on provincial and national level physical activity related issues and plans.
3. Free Informational Services: The coalition keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and newsletter updates on emerging issues relevant to physical activity. You remain informed about local, provincial and national physical activity issues, initiatives and resources in a way that saves you time.
4. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with physical activity related professionals in our province, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking opportunities are built into our coalition meetings.
5. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with a diverse representation of physical activity related organizations from across sectors within the province.
6. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
7. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.